Friday, August 28, 2009

Of Standards and Campaigns


Today I bought the Standard Newspaper which I can't ordinarily read coz I wanted to get in touch with what's going on in the Pulse. The heading reads "Tight Race as ODM leads in Shinyalu". Below this is a table indicating interim results as showing that the ODM guy has approx 14,000 votes while the KADDU and PNU aspirants have a total of slightly over 9,000 votes. (Pause for effect) WTH is wrong with these people! In what planet would that be considered a 'tight race'!!! The story then goes on to state in the first line that 'ODM took a commanding lead in Shinyalu with 77 out of 80 polling stations counted' *sigh*

In other news I think that Safaricom is really trying with its 'niko na' campaign. Like the songs and ads. But I think they're really mean for giving their shareholders a no-frills AGM. Even a bamba 50 in lieu of umbrellas or lunch would have been appreciated.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Hehehehehehe! Girl si u made me burst out laughing. You know the media loves sensationalizing stuff. Tight indeed!

On the Safaricom issue I have serious probs I tell you, That 'Niko Na' song waaah!!! I hum it all the time, sing it loud in my house, it is so catchy! Next time they should try less catchy stuff!

Digzer said...

Exasperated is just the begining of it all. Do you think the editors are ghost workers?