Friday, August 07, 2009

Of World Wonders and Rodham


So jana after a hard day's work, I chose to go to one of my favourite pub's in town for a drink. I got to town and chose to walk up Moi Avenue on my way. He he he! It was like Kenya's Wonder of the World but with human beings instead of wilderbeest and narrow walk ways instead of a river! I don't get into the CBD much on weekdays so this really shocked me and I couldn't help but wonder where everyone was coming from now that they were all moving in one direction. (Anyone who's read Stephen King's Cell will know the creepy feeling I experienced). I felt like that fish that has to swim upstream (is it up a waterfall) before getting to the place where it must lay it's eggs and die. Note to self: must find a new pub.

On a totally unrelated matter, I must say Hillary Clinton has greatly surprised me with her down to earth comments about Kenya. She stole my heart when she said that the image that should be portrayed of Kenya is the fact that it is a good place to raise kids. This is an admission of the fact that foreign media does not do Kenya and this continent justice in their news reports. If only more could be done about that state of affairs other than a casual remark. Clinton gets a B+ from me for exceedng my expectations (well she is still american ...)

1 comment:

Shiko-Msa said...

Somehow I've never listened to her until now. I had the impression that she's a stuck up old lady. But no. She talks easy, does chini kwa chini and then lets out a fun scream after that. She must also have enjoyed her stay here surely.

That scene where her security personnel filed out of the maize plantation, that one was funny.