Saturday, September 26, 2009

37 day Warp


37 days. That was the verdict. 37 days.

Few steps back. I got food poisoning over the long weekend and the doc gave me the world of drugs. I hate hospitals. I hate doctors. But more than all that, I hate drugs. Always have, always will. The former 2 are hated for their tendancy to result in the need for the latter.

Anyway, that part I could have hacked, but it didn't end there. The world of drugs were to be taken over a period of 37 days. No alcohol allowed. How the hell does one go through 37 days without alcohol? What is one supposed to do? This is a genuine question. I'm on day 3 and getting tired of the tonic...

Likely to seek a second opinion!

10 comments:

acolyte said...

Pole sana, no pints for you for a while I guess. Your pocket and your liver shall thank you....

Digzer said...

True true. Guess 37 days isn't a lifetime.

Mama said...

Not only your liver and your pocket but your skin will love the break!

You will survive. Mrembo, getting well is the most important thing and that should be your priority.

Digzer said...

Thanks Ma.

But I still think that 37 days of drugs is just uncalled for. May do damage to liver and skin ...

Mo said...

Just how bad is this strain of 'food poisoning'?

I'm easily affected by food that is even slightly off yet even the worst incidents of FP I get abate within a week.

Is FP code for Swine Flu? :P Confess...

Digzer said...

Mo :)

I actually have a very sturdy and strong system that hardly ever gets affected by anything. This must have been something out there.

After listening to my pleas, the doc has reduced the days to 28. *sigh*

Mo said...

Pole sana... get well soon.

Shiko-Msa said...

Pole sana. Get well soon. 28 days is still a lot of meds but hey! they're for the betterment of your system.

xxxx said...

Pole sana get well soon n you will benefit from the lack of alcohol

Digzer said...

Thanks guys. 8 days to go. Yeah!

I'm actually fine and have been since 3 days after the food incident. What to do?!

My drink of choice has since become tonic and lime ...