Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Of Inappropriate Office Tunes and Mannerisms


So, yesterday afternoon a new guy joins our office. I must have been out when he was doing the introductory round as I missed it. So I wonder who he is and what he does, but that doesn't get me too wound up as I'm very busy. Not more than 30 minutes after the guy has been seated opposite me (yeah ... open plan offices) he starts to whistle. Who reports to work and on their first day starts whistling? But that's not even the worst of it. What is the guy whistling ... wait for it ... "I like the way you do me, do me ... do me I do you ..."!

"What really is the world coming to?" I ask myself. What happened to the good old days when the work place was a serious place where respect for those around you meant that you kept the extraordinary aspects of your life to yourself? A little stiff perhaps but you know ... sturdy. I sighed, gathered my thoughts and went back to work.

Then his phone rang ... You guessed it. The full uncensored version "Do me, do me, do me, do me ..." The junguz in the office turned some deep shade of fuchsia pink!

3 comments:

Shiko-Msa said...

Some workmates are just a headache. There's one in our office who plays reggae throughout. I shot the sherrif and stuff. His mobile phone ringtone is some war songs there. And sometimes he leaves it on the desk and it keeps ringing and ringing. So irritating.

But that one of yours is kali.

Prousette said...

Am sure you will have a grand time with this new employee if his first days are anything to go by.

Digzer said...

So on his second day, not content with whistling, the guy let himself go and was singing the song all day. I'm sure it was all he could do to keep himself from jumping on the table, simulating a pole and dancing!!!