Friday, December 03, 2010

Of Dreams Best Not Caught


You know they say that your dreams are a form of window into your psyche that can really help you figure out what's going on in your life. Like if you dream of shoes that's a dream world metaphor for your love life, so if your dream shoes are stuck in mud, that's where your subconscious feels your love life stands. (See example here on interpretations)

I beg to differ. I have always had the strangest of dreams. Today I'm Rambo/Jack Bauer fighting off terrorists and bad guys and tomorrow my boss is giving me advice on a matter that has never come up. I mean, the other day I wasn't even in my dream. I was watching it in much the way you'd watch a movie. It was about vampires and I even had to snooze my alarm to find out what happens next. It would have been good material for a book though. If dreams are really meant to tell you stuff about yourself then I'm in trouble!

What are your dreams like?

6 comments:

purpledew said...

im in the dream but im also watching myself in the dream.and my emotions are heightened like 150%. I feel pain more, i feel heartbreak more, i feel happiness more. and they always always end before the climax

Digzer said...

I guess waking up before it ends is handy for realy sad dreams. I've never noticed heightened emotions. Will be sure to investigate tonight! :)

Mgangagenge said...

Si unkeantika Incepshon pati too file pati wani kalinipotesea wakati!

Nyambura said...

:-) it's the dreams that i can't remember, but have my heart racing when i awake that seriously bug me...one actually made me fall off a top bunk bed...

Digzer said...

@ Nyambura - I didn't think that was possible. You know falling off a bed coz of a dream ... Ouch!

@Mgash - I watched that movie after the post. It was a little odd and reminded me of Vanilla Skies. Your welcome back to the page anyway.

KK said...

LOL! I did have one where I dreamt I was asleep and dreaming. I quit the drink for a cpl of days after that.